Information for participants
Information on our field work
Here we would like to give you some information on our agency and our daily work, in the context of which we might have called you.
FAQ of our participants:
» What is market and opinion research?
» Why was I called? Where did MAIX have my telephone number from?
» What is the difference between market and opinion research on the one hand and advertisement and sales on the other?
» What happens to my answers?
» We guarantee anonymity and data protection!
» Rights of the user: information, correction and deletion
» What should I do if I no longer want to be called by MAIX?
What is market and opinion research?
The objective of market and opinion research is to find out people’s opinions, attitudes, behaviour pattern or wishes regarding different subjects. Market and opinion research is made on the initiative of a market research agency or on behalf of companies or organisations.
As a market research agency we conform to the following professional rules:
- We work scientifically (market research companies do not advertise for products or services).
- We guarantee anonymity and conform to data protection laws (separation of your answers and your personal data).
- We do not mix the surveys with actions which have nothing to do with research (your personal data is only used for the actual survey and will be irrevocably deleted afterwards).
- We will not urge you to participate (principle of voluntariness).
Why was I called? Where did MAIX have my telephone number from?
Of course it is not possible for MAIX to question the whole population for a survey. Thus we only question a sample that represents the whole population. The sample is chosen according to certain criteria so that the results are representative for the whole population.
Basically there are two different ways of acquiring telephone numbers for our polls:
- When we question the clients of a company, for example on their satisfaction with the company, we are given the names and telephone numbers by our client. The number is chosen at random.
- When we make other polls, for instance a market study or a general opinion poll, telephone numbers are taken at random per computer from public telephone directories (RDD = Random Digit Dialing method). This is why you can be called even though you are not registered in a public telephone book.
What is the difference between market and opinion research on the one hand and advertisement and sales on the other?
It is not always easy for participants to find out whether they are called for market research purpose or sales.
Here we show you a few criteria to recognise if you are really asked to take part in a survey.
The following rules apply to all MAIX interviewers:
- Every interviewer tells his name and MAIX as the implementing market research agency.
- All questions of the called person are answered.
- The interviewer refers to the protection of anonymity.
- Our telephone number is displayed.
- The participation is voluntary.
- Our calls are strictly made between 9 a.m. and 9.30 p.m.
Only market researchers are allowed to call without being asked. Unannounced calls for advertisement or sales, so-called “cold calls”, are prohibited by the Supreme Court.
Market and opinion research is scientific work, it is not allowed to mix it with other actions. Moreover anonymity and data protection are guaranteed. A crucial criterion is that answers are only evaluated in an anonymised form. Conclusions cannot be drawn on individuals.
What happens to my answers?
Once the survey is completed the results are anonymised.
This means that your personal date is separated irrevocably from your answers. Therefore tracing a conclusion to you is impossible and is not wanted. Personal data or information is not passed on to third parties.
The data we get from the interviews are evaluated using scientific methods and summed up to results, which then are presented to our customers in form of a report.
We guarantee anonymity and data protection!
We promise quality: We are members of BVM and ESOMAR!
MAIX supports the initiative market and social research.
Everyone benefits from market and social research!
Thank you for your support.
Rights of the user: information, correction and deletion
You have the following rights with respect to the personal data concerning you:
- Right of access by the data subject (Article 15 GDPR),
- right to rectification (Article 16 GDPR),
- right to erasure (“right to be forgotten”) (Article 17 GDPR),
- right to restriction of processing (Article 18 GDPR),
- right to data portability (Article 20 GDPR),
- Right to object (Article 21 GDPR).
You also have the right to complain to us about the processing of your personal data by a data protection supervisory authority. Insofar as the processing is based on Article 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 a) GDPR, you have the right to revoke the consent at any time, without affecting the legality of the processing on the basis of the consent until the time of revocation.
What should I do if I no longer want to be called by MAIX?
MAIX phone blacklist
You do not want to be called by us in the context of market research projects? Then tell us your phone number and we’ll put it on our MAIX phone blacklist. This only applies to future projects. If you are called by us in a recent study, please tell our staff that you no longer want to be called.
In order to avoid abuse, please only enter your own numbers in the form.
Please click on the link, fill out the form and send or fax it to the contact details below.
MAIX Market Research & Consulting GmbH